Udall Scholarship (Tentative Deadline)
Open to US Citizens & non-US Citizens
Deadline: February 6 2023
Review and follow this step-by-step guide to the Udall process for potential applicants!
View the recorded 2022 Udall information session (Penn login required): Udall Scholarship Information Session and Scholar Panel
Udall Undergraduate Scholarship
The Udall Foundation awards scholarships to college sophomores and juniors dedicated to leadership and public service in either of two areas:
- Students from any ethnic background interested in conservation and environmental issues from any political perspective
- Native Americans and Alaska Natives pursuing health-related careers or working on Tribal Policy
Each scholarship covers expenses for tuition, fees, books, and room and board up to a maximum of $7,000. Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of scholarship support. Scholars selected during their sophomore year may be re-nominated during their junior year.
Penn Application Deadline: February 6, 2023 at 4:00 pm EST (Tentative Deadline)
*Meet Penn's Priority Deadline of Monday, January 16, 2023 to receive a review of your full application by CURF.
Penn’s Application Process
The Udall Scholarship program accepts nominations from institutions – students may not apply independently. To apply to be one of Penn’s nominees, you must complete the following steps by Penn’s Internal Deadline of February 6, 2023 (Tentative Deadline). *Meet Penn's Priority Deadline of Monday, January 16, 2023 to receive a review of your full application by CURF.
- Interested candidates should contact Dr. Angie Estevez by January 24 in order to obtain access to the Udall online application. A sample application is available here.
- As soon as you have arranged for letters of recommendation, CURF Fellowships Nomination Request for the Udall Scholarship, where you will be able to request letters of recommendation.
- You will submit your application materials through the Udall online application system.
- Nominated students will receive further instructions.