Open to US Citizens & non-US Citizens
Deadline: February 10 2020
The Udall Foundation awards scholarships to college sophomores and juniors dedicated to leadership and public service in either of two areas:
- Students from any ethnic background interested in conservation and environmental issues from any political perspective
- American Indians and Alaska Natives pursuing health-related careers or working on Tribal Policy
Each scholarship covers expenses for tuition, fees, books, and room and board up to a maximum of $7,000. Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of scholarship support. Scholars selected during their sophomore year may be re-nominated during their junior year.
Penn Application Deadline: February 10, 2020
Penn’s Application Process
The Udall Scholarship program accepts nominations from institutions – students may not apply independently. To apply to be one of Penn’s nominees, you must complete the following steps by Penn’s Internal Deadline of February 10, 2020.
- Interested candidates should contact Lauren Orr by January 15 in order to obtain access to the Udall online application. A sample application is available here.
- As soon as you have arranged for letters of recommendation, fill out a CURF Recommendation Request Form for each recommender.
- You will submit your application materials through the Udall online application system.
- Nominated students will receive further instructions.
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
The ARCH, 3601 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6224
Please call 215-746-6488 to schedule an appointment