Open to US Citizens & non-US Citizens
Deadline: September 27 2018
The Schwarzman Scholars Program is a highly selective international scholarship program designed to prepare future leaders for success in a world where China plays a key global role. The program will give selected scholars the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through a fully-funded one-year Master's Degree in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University – one of China's most prestigious universities.
In addition to demonstrating wide-ranging academic excellence, the successful candidate will have demonstrated initiative and leadership and a commitment to understanding and engaging with China professionally. Candidates should provide a clearly articulated reason for studying in China and a solid understanding of the role they hope to play as China continues to expand its influence in the world. Although there is no minimum GPA requirement for applicants, most successful candidates have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.50.
- For citizens of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao: May 31, 2018
- For US Citizens and citizens of all countries not listed above: September 27, 2018 (11:59pm US Eastern Daylight Time)
- Application information and deadline at http://www.schwarzmanscholars.org/admissions/application/
Please view the 3-minute video from three Schwarzman Scholars from Penn describing their Schwarzman experience.
Penn’s Application Process
- While the Schwarzman Scholars Program does not require Penn’s nomination, CURF will be happy to provide advice, guidance, and application assistance to you. As permitted by the program, this can include:
- Discussion of an applicant's preparation for the Schwarzman Scholars Program
- Feedback on the content and organization of your resume
- Feedback on your choice of recommenders
- Draft review for your Schwarzman Scholars Program essays
- Practice interviews for applicants selected as Finalists by the Schwarzman Scholars Program
- Candidates must apply directly on the Schwarzman Scholarship website and ensure that their application and recommendations are uploaded to the Schwarzman Scholarship website by the Schwarzman application deadline (For US Citizens and citizens of all countries not eligible for Chinese citizenship: September 27, 2018, 11:59pm US Eastern Daylight Time)
Dr. Wallace Genser
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
The ARCH, 3601 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6224
Please call 215-746-6488 to schedule an appointment