Monell’s Science Apprenticeship Program
Application DeadlineDecember 15, 2017 (All day)
The Monell Center is the world’s only scientific research institute dedicated to conducting basic research on taste, smell, and nutritional sciences. Located within Philadelphia’s University City, the Monell Center sponsors a Science Apprenticeship Program to introduce local high school and college students to scientific research. The program welcomes all student applicants and has a particular interest in training individuals from groups that are underrepresented in the biomedical sciences.
The mission of this program is to stimulate interest in the biomedical sciences and engineering as careers by directly exposing students to basic bench and clinical research within an academic setting. This interest in science and engineering is fostered by:
- Providing students with hands-on research training.
- Improving student learning of biomedical science and encouraging critical and analytical thought.
- Improving science communication skills both verbal and written.
- Providing students with lectures by scientists who discuss their favorite discoveries and career paths.
- Enabling first-hand experience with the joy of discovery at the bench.
- Fostering a sense of scientific collaboration and community through laboratory, institutional, and intern program settings.
More information and application at http://www.monell.org/education_training/science_apprenticeship_program/. Contact info: Monell Science Apprenticeship Program at 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 or email@example.com