Open to US Citizens & non-US Citizens
Deadline: December 1 2020
The Foundation awards undergraduate scholarships to sophomores and juniors who have outstanding potential, an exceptional academic record (generally GPA of 3.85 or higher), and intend to earn a PhD or Master's degree in a STEM field and pursue a research career in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering. Each scholarship provides up to a maximum of $7,500 annually for up to two years of undergraduate study.
Penn Deadline: December 1, 2020, 11:59pm
Penn’s Application Process
The Goldwater Scholarship accepts nominations from institutions – students may not apply independently. To apply to be one of Penn’s nominees, you must complete the following steps by Penn’s Internal Deadline of December 1, 2020.
- Complete your Student Profile and Goldwater Pre-Application here: https://scholarsapply.org/barrygoldwater/. Submit the pre-application by November 1, which will be routed to CURF through the system. Upon receipt of your pre-application, CURF will connect with you to discuss your application and to give you access to the Goldwater online application
- As soon as you have arranged for letters of recommendation, fill out a CURF Recommendation Request Form for each recommender
- Complete and submit the Goldwater application (including your research essay) no later than December 1 through the Goldwater application website
- Interviews will be conducted with applicants being considered for endorsement
- Nominated students will receive further instructions
Dr. Wallace Genser
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
The ARCH, 3601 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6224
Please call 215-746-6488 to schedule an appointment