How to Apply
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (CURF) seeks current undergraduate researchers to serve as Research Peer Advisors (RPAs) to the general Penn undergraduate community. RPAs work in all academic disciplines, so any Penn undergraduate who is engaged in research is encouraged to apply. The 2021-22 deadline is September 10!
Research Peer Advisor responsibilities include:
- Serve as mentor to a small group of 1st and 2nd year students who have questions about research
- Be available via email (posted on the CURF web site) and at outreach events to advise aspiring undergraduate researchers on how to get started in research
- Share your experiences getting started in undergraduate research at CURF Preceptorials, Research Open Houses, Research Symposia, Workshops, and other CURF outreach events at the ARCH, in the College Houses, and across campus
- Work with the CURF Undergraduate Advisory Board to plan programs, provide feedback, conduct outreach, and identify faculty conducting research in order to strengthen undergraduate research culture at Penn
- Consult with CURF staff on outreach efforts and event planning
Interested students should complete the CURF Research Peer Advisor Application.
Interviews will be conducted with qualified candidates who most closely meet the program’s current needs.