When I first got to Penn, I knew that I wanted to do research but had many questions on how to start. Since my freshman year, I have joined various research labs on campus and received funding to conduct my own independent projects. My research interests are the mental health of minority populations, along with cultural stigmas and barriers to mental health care. Currently, I am conducting my senior honors thesis with Dr. Melissa Hunt on the anti-Asian hate during the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the well-being of Penn students. I also serve as a peer manager, peer advisor, and psychology MAP advisor for the College of Arts & Sciences.
I am happy to help with navigating research at Penn and getting involved in the field of psychology. I can assist with finding and applying to research positions, emailing potential mentors, and preparing for interviews. I can also give advice on writing research proposals, applying to grants and fellowships for independent research, and presenting at professional conferences. I always enjoy hearing from students and helping with any step of the research process. Please feel free to reach out about anything at all!
Research Positions & Awards:
- Honors Thesis Student at Hunt Lab, Department of Psychology, Fall 2020- Present
- Research Assistant at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Summer 2021- Present
- Research Assistant at DeRubeis Lab, Department of Psychology, Fall 2020- Present
- Student Researcher at Penn Center for Mental Health, Perelman School of Medicine, Summer 2019- Spring 2021
- Research Fellow for Asian American Studies (ASAM) Fellows Program, Summer 2020- Spring 2021
- Research Assistant at Positive Psychology Center, Summer 2019- Fall 2019
- The John P. Sabini Undergraduate Award for the Study of Emotion, Character & Responsibility, Department of Psychology, Spring 2021
- College Alumni Society Undergraduate Research Grant, Fall 2020
- Hassenfeld Foundation Social Impact Research Grant, Spring 2019
- Penn Undergraduate Research Mentoring Program (PURM) Recipient
- Presenter at Fall 2019, Spring 2021 & Fall 2021 CURF Research Expos