I became interested in research after taking my first psychology classes at Penn, and started getting involved the summer after my freshman year. My research interests center on mental health and psychopathology, specifically emotion regulation and suicide. I am interested in discovering how difficulties in emotion regulation contribute to the development of suicidal ideation and in developing and evaluating treatments to improve emotion regulation. Currently, I am working on research projects concerned with developing scalable online mental health interventions, conducting cost-effectiveness analyses, and developing a DBT app for individuals with borderline personality disorder that can be used as an adjunct to therapy. This year, I am also excited to conduct my thesis on sleep and emotion regulation. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the field of mental health, research, or how to get started!
- Research assistant and thesis student, Sleep Neurophysiology and Psychopathology Lab, Dr. Jennifer Goldschmeid (December 2020-present)
- Senior research assistant, Penn Center for Mental Health, Dr. Heather Nuske (September 2020-present)
- Research assistant, Wilks Lab, Dr. Chelsey Wilks (August 2020-present)
- Research assistant, DeRubeis Lab, Dr. Robert DeRubeis (May 2020-present)
- Research assistant, Boundaries of Anxiety and Depression Lab, Dr. Ayelet Ruscio (May 2019-present)
- Research assistant and independent study student, Penn Center for Weight and Eating Disorders, Dr. Rebecca Pearl (September 2019-December 2020)