Hello! I'm Sagar, a biochemistry and biophysics major passionate about research and scientific communication. I work in Dr. Nikolaos Sgourakis's Lab at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where I am developing and using computational protein modeling software to understand how mutations help cancer cells evade the immune system. Although my work is computational, in high school I conducted projects in molecular biology and microbiology. Outside of research, I am involved in PennScience Journal and Moelis Access Science as well as CURF's Undergraduate Advisory Board.
I want to help students navigate the rich academic community at Penn and love connecting students with labs and mentors that are a good match for them. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about the research process at Penn!
- Sgourakis Lab, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (December 2020 – Present)
- Summer RosettaCon 2021 Conference
- Center for Computational and Genomic Medicine Monthly Meeting
- CURF Fall Research Expo
- Career Services Funding Award
- Francis Lab, California State University, Bakersfield (2017-2020)
- American Phytopathological Society National Plant Health Meeting