Endorsement Process for the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships
Applying for the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships - 2021
The Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships for graduate study in the United Kingdom (UK) require that candidates must be endorsed by the University of Pennsylvania in order to apply. The Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (CURF) manages this endorsement process on behalf of applicants and the University.
If you are considering applying to commence study in the UK in Fall 2022:
- Check out these expanded step-by-step guides and timelines for potential applicants to the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships (PDFs).
- Ideally no later than March 31 potential applicants should:
- Enroll in the CURF Fellowship Resources canvas site to learn more about preparing for these and other fellowships
- Log in and submit CURF's Spring Fellowships Consultation Form
- Submit a preliminary Request for Endorsement form to participate in CURF's Fellowships Consultations and have first preference for being matched with a Fellowship Advisor
- Applications will be considered during the remainder of the spring and most of the summer, but starting this process no later than March 31 is strongly encouraged because most successful applicants start early
- After July 1, candidates must email Dr. Wallace Genser at CURF to be considered for endorsement
- Your complete application and all recommendation letters will be due to CURF no later than 4:00pm on August 1, 2021
- Interviews for Penn endorsement with the University of Pennsylvania’s Faculty Fellowships Review Committee occur during August with Penn faculty who have been awarded prestigious scholarships and are actively engaged in promoting the University’s academic mission
- Applicants selected for nomination must then apply (and their recommenders must re-submit their recommendations) directly through the Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell websites by their national deadlines
Completed applications (including all essays, forms, letters of recommendation, and transcripts) are due to CURF NO LATER THAN 4:00PM AUGUST 1, 2021, for applicants wishing to begin their graduate study in the UK or Ireland in Fall 2022.
Nominated candidates are responsible for reviewing and understanding all requirements and regulations pertaining to the scholarship(s) for which they are applying, and for ensuring that all materials are submitted to CURF and to the various fellowships sites by their Fall 2021 deadlines.