Deadline: February 7 2022
Check out this step-by-step guide to the Udall process for potential applicants!
The Udall Foundation awards scholarships to college sophomores and juniors dedicated to leadership and public service in either of two areas:
- Students from any ethnic background interested in conservation and environmental issues from any political perspective
- Native Americans and Alaska Natives pursuing health-related careers or working on Tribal Policy
Each scholarship covers expenses for tuition, fees, books, and room and board up to a maximum of $7,000. Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of scholarship support. Scholars selected during their sophomore year may be re-nominated during their junior year.
Penn Application Deadline: February 7, 2022
Penn’s Application Process
The Udall Scholarship program accepts nominations from institutions – students may not apply independently. To apply to be one of Penn’s nominees, you must complete the following steps by Penn’s Internal Deadline of February 7, 2022.
- Interested candidates should contact Dr. Angie Estevez by January 24 in order to obtain access to the Udall online application. A sample application is available here.
- As soon as you have arranged for letters of recommendation, CURF Fellowships Nomination Request for the Udall Scholarship, where you will be able to request letters of recommendation.
- You will submit your application materials through the Udall online application system.
- Nominated students will receive further instructions.