Open to US Citizens & non-US Citizens
Deadline: January 31 2020
The Trudeau Scholarship provides three years full funding for a doctoral degree on one of four program themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, and People and their Natural Environment for either:
- Canadians to earn a doctorate at a foreign (i.e., non-Canadian) university
- Non-Canadians to earn a doctorate at a Canadian university
The Trudeau Foundation is currently reviewing the Scholarship with a focus on Inclusive Excellence and Engaged Leadership. The program's focus and deadlines may be changing. More information will be available when this year's competition launches on December 3, 2018, at http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/doctoral-scholarships
Penn Deadline: January 31, 2020 (TENTATIVE)
Penn’s Application Process
The Trudeau Scholarship accepts nominations from institutions – students may not apply independently. To apply to be one of Penn’s nominees, you must complete the following steps by Penn’s Internal Deadline of January 31, 2020.
- As soon as you have arranged for three letters of recommendation, fill out a CURF Recommendation Request Form for each recommender. Two recommendation letters must be academic, and the third must be from a non-academic referee concerning the non-academic aspects of the application.
- Complete the Trudeau application form, which is posted to the Foundation’s website in early September.
- Complete Penn’s Request for Nomination application form. Here, you will upload a single PDF which combines your Trudeau application form and your unofficial transcript from Penn InTouch (and other institutions, if relevant). If you do not receive an email confirming your submission within 4 hours, please IMMEDIATELY email email@example.com to make sure CURF has received your submission.
- Nominated students will receive further instructions.
Dr. Wallace Genser
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
The ARCH, 3601 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6224
Please call 215-746-6488 to schedule an appointment