Summer Research Internship at Columbia Business School
The Summer Research Internship at Columbia Business School is a highly-selective program provides the interns with the opportunity to work on a research project with CBS’ leading faculty and researchers in finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics. This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
The internship program is designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis. The program typically runs from the end of May through early August. On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application process is highly competitive, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information, and to apply, please click here.
Required materials for application: Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcript(s)
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enrolled as a second or third-year student at an accredited university
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and experience in performing psychological experiments and coding tasks