Penn IUR Fellows in Urban Leadership
Application DeadlineMay 27, 2022
The Penn Institute for Urban Research (Penn IUR) is now accepting applications for the 2022-23 class of Penn IUR Fellows in Urban Leadership. The program provides a competitively selected cohort of outstanding Penn undergraduates with the opportunity to engage with and learn from high-level local and regional urban leaders drawn from government, business, and civil society.
Fellows meet, engage, and make lasting connections with high-level urban leaders from the public and private sectors in Philadelphia, gaining unique insights into the interplay of these groups in the stewardship of today’s cities and urban communities.
- 500 word essay demonstrating interest in urban issues.
- Most recent transcript showing academic excellence.
- Recommendation letter from a professor.
- Semi-finalists will be notified in late May and interviewed in early June.
- Selected Fellows will be notified the end of June.
- Monthly Meetings: Meet with public and civic sector leaders from September through April to learn how they manage complex urban systems and discuss the value of civic engagement and public-private partnerships.
- Reflections: The program’s wrap-up event to celebrate the completion of the program.
Research Offering LocationUSA
Research Offering SourcePenn
Amanda Lloyd, Fellows Program Director of Penn Institute for Urban Research, firstname.lastname@example.org