Penn IUR Fellows in Urban Leadership
Application DeadlineMay 10, 2021
The Penn Institute for Urban Research (Penn IUR) is now accepting applications for the 2021-22 class of Penn IUR Fellows in Urban Leadership. The program provides a competitively selected cohort of outstanding Penn undergraduates with the opportunity to engage with and learn from high-level local and regional urban leaders drawn from government, business, and civil society.
Fellows meet, engage, and make lasting connections with high-level urban leaders from the public and private sectors in Philadelphia, gaining unique insights into the interplay of these groups in the stewardship of today’s cities and urban communities.
- Recommendation letter from a professor.
- 400-500 word essay demonstrating interest in urban-focused issues.
- Most recent transcript showing academic excellence.
- Semi-finalists will have a short phone or in-person interview with selection committee members in late April.
- Selected Fellows will be notified in early May.
- Orientation: A session in September 2021 led by the Penn IUR co-directors and members of the Penn IUR Advisory Board.
- Monthly Meetings: Meet with public and civic sector leaders from October through April to learn how they manage complex urban systems and discuss the value of civic engagement and public-private partnerships.
- Reflections: The program’s wrap-up event to celebrate the completion of the program.
Research Offering LocationUSA
Research Offering SourcePenn
Amanda Lloyd, Program Manager of Penn Institute for Urban Research, email@example.com