LGBTQ & Gender Studies Undergraduate Student Research Expense Grants
Application DeadlineMarch 30, 2021
The Alice Paul Center’s LGBTQ & Gender Studies Undergraduate Student Research Expense Grants provide competitive grants up to $500 designed to support research-related expenses, including (but not limited to) conference registration and travel, research travel, transcription and other materials. The grants cover expenses incurred at any time during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
The amount and number of grants will change each year, based on the available budget. Receipts are not required for the grants, but a report outlining how the funds were used must be submitted by September 1 of the following grant cycle. The grants are subject to 1099 reporting. All funds will be disbursed by June 30 of each year.
Funds may be requested for:
- Travel for research (field research, archives)
- Registration, travel and other expenses incurred to attend an academic/professional conference
- Other research related expenses, such as transcription, photocopying, archive-related expenses, etc.
- Undergraduate student research grant applications are accepted between March 30th
- Notification of awards will be made by mid-May
To apply: Please complete the online application: https://gsws.sas.upenn.edu/forms/lgbtq-gender-studies-undergraduate-student-research-expense-grants
Which includes the following information:
- 250-word proposal
- budget for how the funds will be spent
Please list all other secured sources of funding for your project, including the amounts and allocations of these funds. Please also note additional funding sources for which you are applying and the amounts of each of these potential lines of support.
For more information visit: https://gsws.sas.upenn.edu/center/funding/lgbtq-gender-studies-undergraduate-student-research-expense-grants