The Hassenfeld Grant for Undergraduate Research in Urban Studies
Application DeadlineMarch 30, 2018 - 10:45pm
The Hassenfeld Grants give Urban Studies students the opportunity to do independent research in the summer before their senior year, leading up to the URBS 400 Senior Thesis course. Grants of up to $3,500 for research and expenses are awarded to 2-3 students each year on a competitive basis.
Students who wish to apply for a Hassenfeld Grant must identify a faculty advisor, and submit a proposal to the Urban Studies Program. Proposals must include the following parts:
1) cover sheet with title, researcher's name, and date
2) signed letter from a faculty advisor, indicating plan to support your research over the summer months
3) description of the questions to be addressed and why they are significant
4) brief biographical statement including reasons for personal interest in undertaking this research
5) summary of the project citing the literature that frames the research
6) research plan, detailing the steps to be followed and methods used
7) schedule for the project
8) itemized budget for research expenses
The application deadline for 2018 is Friday, March 30th. Please see this page for full information, and instructions on how to apply.