EPFL School of Life Sciences International Summer Research Program
The Summer Research Program in Life Sciences and Technology at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), will offer an intensive research training opportunity to 25 undergraduate students interested in research careers in life science. A financial compensation for living and housing expenses are provided for all successful candidates.
Each student will gain hands-on lab experience under the supervision of an EPFL Faculty from one of our institutes.
- Brain Mind Instutute (BMI)
- Institute of Bioengineering (IBI)
- Global Health Institute (GHI)
- Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research (ISREC)
The SRP is made up of several parts, including:
- Two months of lab work (40 hours/week)
- Friday Seminars/workshops
- Closing Student Symposium
- Social Events
To apply, click here.
To be considered for the program, applicants:
- Must be enrolled in a degree program in biology, bio-physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or a similar life sciences program and plan on pursuing a career in the life sciences. Basic Life Sciences background is essential. Previous lab experience is a plus.
- Must be in good standing with a GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher and should have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework by the summer of 2019.
- Participants usually come from the top 5% of their class and have some research experience. Their essays show passion and motivation!
- Additional Requirements
The intensive nature of the program requires full-time commitment (~40 hours/week) from the participants. All the participants are required to attend all scheduled events and activities related to the program. Therefore, participants may not attend another summer school or commit to other activities during the duration of this program that could interfere with their work. Students must be present the entire length of the program. Most weekends are free for your own enjoyment.