Center for High Impact Philanthropy
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN SPRING 2021 FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SUMMER OPPORTUNITIES.
The Center for High Impact Philanthropy is a nonprofit research center formed through the collaborative efforts of the School of Social Policy & Practice and alumni of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. The Center provides independent analysis, educational programming, and other decision making tools for donors, investors, and advisors around the world who are interested in moving from good intentions to high impact. More information can be found at https://www.impact.upenn.edu/about/employment-opportunities/.
- Research, fact-finding, and literature reviews
- Compiling background information about effective programs and their evidence base
- Corresponding with staff of nonprofits to request data and vet guidance
- Provide support for Center events and educational programs (e.g. drafting and preparing materials, logistical support)
- Contribute to Center’s ongoing PR, marketing, and donor engagement efforts
Ideal candidates bring outstanding research and writing ability; strong quantitative analytical skills; experience with Microsoft Office products; and comfort working in a professional office setting.
Opportunities exist for undergraduate and graduate students. Specific topics our team is working on this fall include:
- Strengthening democracy
- Addressing mental health & addiction
- Improving the lives of women & girls
Students will work a minimum of 10 hours/week, up to 20 hours or more if their program allows. Pay is $12-$20/hour, commensurate with experience. This position is work-study eligible for the academic year.
Interested applicants should submit a resume/CV, a brief cover letter, and two references (at least one from a work/research supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible).