Application DeadlineOctober 6, 2017
The CAMRA Fellows Program provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to explore and engage multiple media forms for their own research projects with the support and guidance of CAMRA scholars and mentors. Fellows will complete a media-based project focused on a social justice issue of interest to them. The project can be for a course requirement, an independent project, or a senior thesis. The CAMRA Fellows Program is open to all regional undergraduate students.
Each CAMRA Fellow will become part of the CAMRA community and attend special Fellows events during the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters, attend the Screening Scholarship Media Festival, and work one-on-one with a CAMRA mentor on their projects. In the spring, Fellows will present their final media projects at the CAMRA Fellows Showcase event.
As part of this Fellowship, participants will receive the following:
- Hands-on training on the production of film/video/audio media in academic contexts
- Mentorship from current graduate students using media as part of their research
- Master classes and workshops with media makers and scholars
- Access to equipment including DSLR cameras, audio recorders, and editing software
- A stipend of $1,000 to go towards the the Fellow's media project
- Opportunity to apply for additional production funding
A more detailed overview of the Fellowship program and instructions are available on the online application page: https://tinyurl.com/camrafellows
Procedures: Complete the online application
Eligibility: Applications are open to all University of Pennsylvania undergraduate students.