American Heart Association Undergraduate Student Summer Fellowship Program
The American Heart Association supports highly promising, undergraduate students for full-time research fellowships over a minimum of a ten-week period during the summer. The goal of this program is to encourage students to pursue careers in cardiovascular research. Research projects with broad relevance to cardiovascular biology and stroke will be considered. The research must be performed within the eight states of the Founders Affiliate region which includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. Students will receive a $5000 fellowship as a stipend.
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program at a four-year college or university
- Maintained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Must be classified at the sophomore, junior or senior academic status at the time of award application or may complete the fellowship immediately following graduation
- Must be available for full-time research
- Identify an established researcher with a research laboratory within the Founders Affiliate to serve as a sponsor for the fellowship project
- Typed application form with signatures of the student, sponsor, and an Administrative Official at the sponsor’s institute
- The sponsor’s CV plus a letter from the sponsor indicating support for the fellowship application, including a mentoring plan.
- Official academic record of the student. (Official academic record should be sent directly to the AHA office by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Faculty recommendation forms to be completed by faculty members/referees & should be sent directly to the AHA office or email to email@example.com
Research Offering LocationUSA
Research Offering SourceExternal
Mary Gonzalez, American Heart Association Founders Affiliate Research Depeartment