Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Space Scholars Program
The Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Scholars Program offers stipend-paid summer internship opportunities to undergraduatelevel university students pursuing STEM degrees; select locations also offer internships to university students pursuing education-related degrees. The selected interns gain valuable hands-on experiences working with full-time AFRL scientists and engineers on cutting-edge research and technology and are able to contribute to unique, research-based projects.
Depending on the location of the internship, application deadlines will vary.
- Exciting research topics
- Technical training
- Mentorship from experienced AFRL scientists and engineers
- Opportunities to tour AFRL laboratories
- Networking through social events
- Competitive stipend rates
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://afrlscholars.usra.edu/.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is highly encouraged for all applicants
- Must be a US Citizen; program is not open to non-Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Must be enrolled or accepted at an educational institution taking at least half-time academic course load leading to a degree or certificate for semester immediately preceding internship session. Note: This does not apply to professional educators.
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for summer internship positions
- Must be willing to temporarily relocate to physical work location
- Must be able to take personal responsibility for arranging transportation to and from worksite each day. Note: Scholars should not rely on transportation from anyone who does not already have base access. Program administration will not be responsible for making additional arrangements on a scholar’s behalf to provide suitable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a background check, potentially resulting in a Secret Security Clearance